SLOGAN


IT'S NOT THE DESTINATION WHAT COUNTS - BUT THE TRAVEL ITSELF


- the first post about this travel is at the 'bottom' of the blog -

*** the list of the posts is at the bottom of the page ***

Thursday, May 14, 2026

DAY 01 (06 total) OF THE JOURNEY NORTH-SOUTH (Southern Leg)

DAY 01 (06 total)   May 14 2026

I am finally leaving Manhattan on my way to Key West.  The first overnight stop will be in Ocean City, MD - 239 miles away.  
For quite some time, my favorite exit from the city was George Washington Bridge.  It's OFF THE TABLE now.  There was some structural damage on the Lower Deck a couple of days ago, and it will be closed (The Lower Deck) for some time.  I can only imagine the 'nightmarish traffic conditions on the Upper Deck.  
So, today it will be Holland Tunnel.  Probably the best option.


The weather is so, so.  Cloudy and light rain from time to time, but it should clear up when I get a bit South.  So, I am in good spirit.  By the time I will be back from the Key West I will have 3500 miles travelled on the Southern Leg of the Journey North-South.  Hopefully my 19 years old motorcycle survives that.  




The Day01(06) was quite pleasant.  Getting through the Holland Tunnel was surprisingly easy.  Still disappointedly chilly, around 60 F.  But mostly sunny.   But at the end of the day The Hampton by Hilton provided proper accommodations.  We'll see if other hotels will stand to that standard.

No comments:

Post a Comment