SLOGAN


IT'S NOT THE DESTINATION WHAT COUNTS - BUT THE TRAVEL ITSELF


- the first post about this travel is at the 'bottom' of the blog -

*** the list of the posts is at the bottom of the page ***

Thursday, May 21, 2026

DAY 08 (12+++ total) OF THE JOURNEY NORTH-SOUTH (Southern Leg)



DAY 08 (12+++ total)   May 21, 2026

Waking at 5 AM ain't Fun... unless you do it  to see the LAUNCH OF THE STARLINKS.
This morning, around 6 AM (may be a bit earlier), Space-X shoots a rocket delivering Starlinks to the orbit.  It's supposed to be well visible from the rooftop of my hotel (so I was told).
To be confirmed...

It was worthy waking up so early...
_________

I spent most of the day exploring the Kennedy Space Center,  It started from the Guided Explorer Tour by bus,  It was supposed to show us the otherwise 'off limits' areas of the KSC, including launch pads, and assembly facilities...It left me deeply disappointed.  At no time the bus was really in close distance to the pods,  I have seen more exciting videos and documentaries about them.  The fact that I was close, but didn't see any details was infuriating.  The guide was knowledgeable and presented history very well, but almost 2 hour which the tour took, was, in my opinion, just a distraction.
Only a few pieces of 'hardware' were accessible and shown in the dedicated pavilions.
I appreciate seeing the real Saturn V from the Apollo program, and then in another pavilion the Space Shuttle Atlantis.  There is a huge 'but', unfortunately.  In every case to see the actual flown devices, the visitors had to endure endless videos,  There was no chance to skip the videos and go directly to the exposition.  After seeing the introductory video, the visitors had to go through another video screening - to finally have a chance to see the actual 'hardware'.
There is another complain I have:  The whole exposition was in great degree focused on the 'playful education' of the children.  I do nor regret being there, far from it, but I simply expected the time spent there more saturated with the exciting exhibits.














No comments:

Post a Comment