SLOGAN


IT'S NOT THE DESTINATION WHAT COUNTS - BUT THE TRAVEL ITSELF


- the first post about this travel is at the 'bottom' of the blog -

*** the list of the posts is at the bottom of the page ***

Saturday, May 16, 2026

DAY 03 (08 total) OF THE JOURNEY NORTH-SOUTH (Southern Leg)

DAY 03 (08 total)   May 16, 2026

Looks like another nice, and Sunny day.  It's so much better to ride on a Sunny day.  And without multiple layers of clothes.  It will be a 211 miles ride from Roanoke Rapids, NC to Florence, SC.


So, after today's ride I my trip will look like the map below - down to Florida Keys.


Yesterday I hit the record gas efficiency on a long trip.  The last leg between the gas stops was don at 49.56 miles per gallon.  My motorcycle is not new.  It's carbureted.  So, on this trip I decided to run at or below 4000 rpm, not more.  (of course I will ride harder some times, but I am trying to keep 4000 rpm.  It puts less stress on the engine.  And I want it to last as long as possible.  I still ride at around 75 miles an hour.  There is no actual benefit of running faster.
49.56 mpg.  Wow!  Just a comparison: In New York City, with traffic as bad as it is (always), I get 27-33 miles per gallon on average (!!!)

Suddenly, almost without warning: SUMMER. I was riding in 87F heat. Nice reversal...
The day 03 (08 total) ended at Best Western Inn in Florence, SC.
Finally PALM TREES.

No comments:

Post a Comment