SLOGAN


IT'S NOT THE DESTINATION WHAT COUNTS - BUT THE TRAVEL ITSELF


- the first post about this travel is at the 'bottom' of the blog -

*** the list of the posts is at the bottom of the page ***

Tuesday, May 26, 2026

DAY 12+++ (18 total) OF THE JOURNEY NORTH-SOUTH (Southern Leg)

DAY 12+++ (18 total)   May 26, 2026

Today is my last hotel stay in Florida.  I am going to ride North from Sarasota, FL to Perry, FL.  Just about 254 miles:
The weather is supposed to be as yesterday: hot and humid.  Predicted 92 F - actually low humidity of 45% at 3PM.  Wow...

Since I entered Florida I see on the sky a lot of clouds (scattered), on a Sunny and hot day.  Most of these clouds are very tall, not flat.  What it means is that there is a lot of vertical displacement within such clouds (I learned it from my drone trainings).  Some of them are very dense and dark.  A lot of times it means nothing to you... but, sometimes there is a lot of precipitation from such clouds.  I get at least 2-3 sprinkles a day.  Not heavy enough to put a rain gear on, the water dries up in a hot wind very fast... but again - sometimes there is a violent downpour and I have to be prepared for it.  I never stop for rain.  It's a part of the journey, bt have my rain gear handy.

A little note on my time spent in Florida: 
I am pretty impressed by the highways in Florida.  They are wide, multi lane, and well maintained.

I located a small motorcycle service shop near the hotel I will stay overnight in Perry.
It's past my MID POINT of the journey.  I need to change oil.  I do not want grind my old engine  in the oil which by now probably brakes up a bit.  High ambient temperatures and constant 75 miles per hour speed may do a trick.  Better be safe than sorry.
I would have done it in Homestead, but one thing I didn't consider:  Memorial Weekend.  
Might seem funny.  I planned almost everything but didn't think that everything would be closed - not a single chance to change oil...

Here is a map of today's route:


...and what remains of the whole Journey:


On the way from Sarasota, Fl, before Tampa I rode through a spectacular Cable-Stay Bridge named 'Bob Graham Sunshine Skyway Bridge'designed by the Figg & Muller Engineering Group.






And the day ended at the Regency Inn in Perry, FL.  Please have a look at the 'anti hurricane' feature of the structure...






No comments:

Post a Comment