SLOGAN


IT'S NOT THE DESTINATION WHAT COUNTS - BUT THE TRAVEL ITSELF


- the first post about this travel is at the 'bottom' of the blog -

*** the list of the posts is at the bottom of the page ***

Sunday, May 17, 2026

DAY 04 (09 total) OF THE JOURNEY NORTH-SOUTH (Southern Leg)

DAY 04 (09 total)   May 17, 2026

Today I ride from Florence, SC to Dublin, GA - around 250 miles (***changed)  

Because of some planned construction I had to change my route at the last moment and I rode through Savannah, GA (I didn't have time to get into the city - I already extended today's leg from 249 miles to 295 miles - but all on the fast highways)


What Google says about the distance is never true.  Most of the time I travel 20-30 miles more than the predicted distance.  Also, it seems like I constantly ride with the speed 70-80 miles an hour, but what Google estimates on 4 hours it turns out more than 5 hours.  Of course I stop a couple of times to get more gas and eat something, but not as much to change the calculation such a significant way.

You may ask why am I stopping in Dublin, GA, and not Savannah, GA.  A good question.  I was in Savannah a few times, beginning in the nineties on an assignment for Sotheby's.  And then on a couple of trips South.  A beautiful, and enchanting city...

However, this time my target is:  Museum of Aviation — Warner Robins, Georgia
So, I will have a short 45 miles ride to the Museum, the next morning.  I am planning to spend on the museum's grounds the whole day.  Can't wait to see the original, real airplanes from the WWII to the current.  It will be a blast.

At the end of the day 04 (09 total) I will have travelled around 1000 miles on that leg of the Journey.


The trip was so nice.  All Sunny and hot (about 87 F) - that's the way I like it.
I arrived at Quality Inn in Dublin, GA, and barely had enough time to put a cover on my motorcycle when the heavy storm started (with lightnings).



 

No comments:

Post a Comment