SLOGAN


IT'S NOT THE DESTINATION WHAT COUNTS - BUT THE TRAVEL ITSELF


- the first post about this travel is at the 'bottom' of the blog -

*** the list of the posts is at the bottom of the page ***

Monday, May 18, 2026

DAY 05 (10 total) OF THE JOURNEY NORTH-SOUTH (Southern Leg)

DAY 05 (10 total)   May 18, 2026

Today just a short ride (around 50 miles) to the first MAJOR attraction of this trip:
Museum of Aviation - Warner Robins, Georgia


I hope to spend hours walking among the planes which made history...
Now it's time for the weather to cooperate - the forecast for the day is 88 F and Sunny.

Museum of Aviation didn't disappoint me.  I didn't find the planes I was looking for, not all of them, but what I saw was awesome.



















I don't need to mention, that my favorite military airplane is A-10 'Warthog'.  Considered by the most of people an 'ugly plane'.  To me it's not ugly, the most useful plane in any war theatre when the close support of the ground troops is needed.  Tough, safe for the pilots (it's got a titanium 'bath tub' under the pilots.  It's got a manual override of the flight controls when the hydraulics fain (and they have a double system anyway).  Some 'groups of interests' tried to ground it for almost 30 years - and it's still in the air.

No comments:

Post a Comment