SLOGAN


IT'S NOT THE DESTINATION WHAT COUNTS - BUT THE TRAVEL ITSELF


- the first post about this travel is at the 'bottom' of the blog -

*** the list of the posts is at the bottom of the page ***

Monday, May 25, 2026

DAY 12 (17 total) OF THE JOURNEY NORTH-SOUTH (Southern Leg)

DAY 12 (17 total)   May 25, 2026

Time to go Home.  Technically I started it a day before yesterday, when I reached the KEY WEST and rode back to Homestead.
But this is a trip North already to Sarasota, Fl.  



On my was South I was showing the current map and the total, accumulated map of the trip.
On my way back I will just show the Map of the full trip back - anyone can locate without a problem the current 'DAILY' on that map.  So, here we go:


The Way Back is a little bit longer - 2050 miles, because I am going more inland - on the western side of the Appalachian Mountains.  I will ride this time through:
Georgia, Tennessee, Kentucky, West Virginia, Maryland, Pennsylvania to New York City.

I am going actually to show the remaining route, with milage.  The Image of the whole route Back Home will be available in this very 'daily'.

So, after today, what is left is this:


_________

Today was hot.  It was the firs time on this trip, when the wind, while riding 75mph didn't cool me down at all.  It was 88F and quite humid.

There was a funny moment on the today's route.  When the road turned into the Everglades, I ignored the warning about the 'Last Gas Station' not realizing that it mean exactly that: the last gas station for a loooooong time... I rode and hoped, that my estimate about how much gas I have in the tank is correct - I got to the gas station in Naples, FL - having ridden 158 miles since previous fill up.  What if I miscalculated...

Florida had a hot and dry spell for a while - so there are some wild fires.  I saw a plum of smoke, which was mixing with the clouds.  At first, I though, that it was just a storm with a heavy and very well visible downpour, but when I got closer I saw my mistake...


The day ended in Spark by Hilton in Sarasota:




No comments:

Post a Comment