DAY 14 (19 total) May 27, 2026
Today I am leaving Florida after almost a week here.
But before this happens, I finally have an appointment at a mechanic who would change my motorcycle's oil. This morning, at 7:30 AM.
It's not that easy to arrange any service if you do not waste the full day for it.
The oil change went smoothly as planned (I can't say expected...). RP Specialties is a very nice shop and it's owner Robert Paul... I can only use the high superlatives to describe him (it's him behind my bike).
I am happy I found this shop:
Today's road will take me to Locust Grove, Giorgia - roughly 250 miles away.
The last image shows the remaining part of the Journey Back Home.
I said Good Bye to hot and humid Florida, and ended up in MORE hot and humid Georgia.
The temperature clocked 88F, but it felt much hotter.
When I finally reached Locust Grove, GA and pulled on to the entrance of La Quinta I felt like melting... 10 minutes later when I unloaded the luggage, my motorcycle didn't want to start.
Everything was completely overheated and my machine experienced so called 'vapor lock'.
It happens when all the fuel in the lines evaporates and the pump can't suck it and send it to the carburators... (yes, my motorcycle has 2 carburators - not a fuel injection).
I had to crank it for a long time, and even after it started it took a few moments before it got more or less normal power (alcohol evaporates much faster, and when it's lacking from the mixture, there is no energy...).
And then it repeatably rained... The heat dropped, and hopefully tomorrow it won't be as severe.
The temperature clocked 88F, but it felt much hotter.
When I finally reached Locust Grove, GA and pulled on to the entrance of La Quinta I felt like melting... 10 minutes later when I unloaded the luggage, my motorcycle didn't want to start.
Everything was completely overheated and my machine experienced so called 'vapor lock'.
It happens when all the fuel in the lines evaporates and the pump can't suck it and send it to the carburators... (yes, my motorcycle has 2 carburators - not a fuel injection).
I had to crank it for a long time, and even after it started it took a few moments before it got more or less normal power (alcohol evaporates much faster, and when it's lacking from the mixture, there is no energy...).
And then it repeatably rained... The heat dropped, and hopefully tomorrow it won't be as severe.
No comments:
Post a Comment