DAY 15 (20 total) May 28, 2026
I am leaving Georgia on my way to Tennessee. From Locust Grove, GA to Knoxville, TN - about 255 miles.
Georgia cooled down, and in Tennessee is supposed to be a bit cooler. Certainly, I welcome such a change.
Here is a map of today's trip accompanied by a map of the remaining part of Journey. It's shrinking... At the end of the day, it's going to be 884 miles from Home.
_____________
The day on the road was just right. Around 84 F and some breeze from the forest...
It would be perfect ride if it wasn't for some 'slowdowns'. The first - in second hour of the ride was very slow, but moving. It was caused by the Semi-truck stuck in the middle of the highway with some Police activity around it.
Another one was later, when it became hotter...I couldn't risk overheating my old motorcycle.
It's air cooled, and even withe 'racing oil' which I got yesterday can easily overheat in a stopped traffic.
The answer: lane splitting - of course illegal in Tennessee. But, it's a matter of 'life and death'... Here is a small clip from my GoPro.
________________
On a slightly unrelated note:
I can't stop praising these two little devices:
1. Qutin Espresso maker - battery powered - working with Nespresso style capsules. If you use cold water it lasts for 5 espressos - but if you use a boiling or close to boiling water, it will produce 25 perfectly extracted espressos. Life saver.
2. SEKOER kettle with the capacity of a pint of water. Electronic monitoring - choice of several water temperatures. Another life saver.
The day on the road was just right. Around 84 F and some breeze from the forest...
It would be perfect ride if it wasn't for some 'slowdowns'. The first - in second hour of the ride was very slow, but moving. It was caused by the Semi-truck stuck in the middle of the highway with some Police activity around it.
Another one was later, when it became hotter...I couldn't risk overheating my old motorcycle.
It's air cooled, and even withe 'racing oil' which I got yesterday can easily overheat in a stopped traffic.
The answer: lane splitting - of course illegal in Tennessee. But, it's a matter of 'life and death'... Here is a small clip from my GoPro.
________________
On a slightly unrelated note:
I can't stop praising these two little devices:
1. Qutin Espresso maker - battery powered - working with Nespresso style capsules. If you use cold water it lasts for 5 espressos - but if you use a boiling or close to boiling water, it will produce 25 perfectly extracted espressos. Life saver.
2. SEKOER kettle with the capacity of a pint of water. Electronic monitoring - choice of several water temperatures. Another life saver.
I am not paid by the manufacturers!
Another unrelated note:
America celebrates 250-th Anniversary of its (her) creation as an independent state.
Glory to that.
I am celebrating 70-th birthday this year (in September This year).
And now thin about the numbers and statistics...
I was born, when America was 180 years old. It was a different country then.
I have lived through the last 28% of her age. Just think about it. Mind blowing.
The length of one's lifetime doesn't make any difference in most of the European countries which are more than 1000 years old or a few Thousands of years old.
It gives you an interesting perspective, doesn't it...
__________________________
The day ended pulling at the entrance to La Quinta in Knoxville, TN.
Another unrelated note:
America celebrates 250-th Anniversary of its (her) creation as an independent state.
Glory to that.
I am celebrating 70-th birthday this year (in September This year).
And now thin about the numbers and statistics...
I was born, when America was 180 years old. It was a different country then.
I have lived through the last 28% of her age. Just think about it. Mind blowing.
The length of one's lifetime doesn't make any difference in most of the European countries which are more than 1000 years old or a few Thousands of years old.
It gives you an interesting perspective, doesn't it...
__________________________
The day ended pulling at the entrance to La Quinta in Knoxville, TN.
No comments:
Post a Comment