DAY 17 (22 total) May 30, 2026
I am moving again, saying Good Bye to Kentucky, and riding another short daily to Charlston, West Virginia. As I mentioned - a short ride, just 188 miles. There are simply no places one can stop in the mountains.
The Journey is coming to the end. What is going to be left, after today's ride is just one more overnight stay in Cumberland, MD ( a ride of 227 miles) and then a bit longer daily ride of 310 miles directly to the Big Apple.
And the remaining rout to New York City.
Another perfect riding day through Appalachia. It is definitely my favorite region (quite a few states) for riding. As I already wrote: even Interstate Highways are fun to ride - especially, that riding there - you are practically alone. So little number of cars - almost no other bikes.
Up, down, a lot of turns... paradise. My 2007 Yamaha V-star 1100 Classic is just built for such roads. I ride with the constant speed, no matter if I am ascending or descending - 5-th gear. Keeping the RPM at 4000 (or close to). Which translates to 73-76 mph. It is a perfect cruising speed. Fast enough to lean nicely on the turns... and not damaging the engine.
To me it's a perfect speed - apparently others have something else in mind. Most od other cars (not trucks) constantly pass me. I do not care. I ride at my own pace - ride to enjoy it.
And certainly I will miss these 'almost empty' roads. It will end in Pennsylvania. Roads will be crowded.
A few hours of a perfect ride ended in Quality Inn in Charleston, West Virginia...
I will always remember the lyrics to a quite popular tune:
Country roads, take me home,
to a place I belong,
West Virginia, Country Mama,
Country roads, take me home...
_________________________
On another note:
Last night in Quality Inn in Lexington, KY I saw, in my bathroom a faucet which required from me a few minutes of thinking, to turn the shower on...
Usually there is a small pull out valve on the spout, or the levar on the main handle...
Nothing like that here...
I found it! It's a spout itself - to pulled down, to activate shower head...
Am I the only one who haven't seen such a faucet?
No comments:
Post a Comment