DAY 16 (21 total) May 29, 2026
I am leaving Tennessee, going to Kentucky, on my way Home.
Today's route starts in Knoxville, TN and ends in Lexington, KY - it's only 177 miles.
Actually, according to my Garmin Zumo XT navigator it is 197 miles. Go figure...
It's not easy to plan regular 250 miles a day routes in a mountainous area like here.
So, some dailies are shorter.
Below is also a map of what remains from the Journey home after this day (around 700 miles).
On another note:
There was a strange incident on the road, yesterday. On one of the 'gas' stops, I pulled to teh distributor, put my card in... and nothing. Just a little note on the screen: declined. Strange, it worked a 120 miles before. No reason for it. I rolled to another distributer, and it worked without a hesitation.
An hour later I got a message from the bank who issued the card - suspected activity... confirm the purchase, or report a fraud! I got a bogus charge for $216,00 from some obscure, unknown vendor. The charge was declined by my bank (fortunately). The card was cancelled, I am safe. But I have one card less on the trip. Apparently the distributor at the Gas Station was WIRED FOR FRAUDULENT TRANSACTION.
You have to be very, very careful. Also, it pays to deal with the reputable banks.
Riding in APPALACHIA is probably the most interesting. Even the super-highways are twisty, with the great altitude differences. You experience pressure in the ears every few miles...
The most fun one can have on the Interstate Highway. Last year I explored Tennessee and Karolinas. Going home on this trip took me already to Tennessee, now Kentucky, tomorrow West Virginia, and then Pennsylvania. So far, the weather is perfect. Today, for the first time in last 10 days I felt cold riding in full Sun. Even the motorcycle seems to enjoy it.
I rode a 'a few turns' in the city of Lexington, KY. It' really beautiful, charming city. Too bad, I don't have a chance to photograph when I ride the motorcycle...
I stay tonight in the Quality Inn in center of the city. Good choice:
No comments:
Post a Comment