SLOGAN


IT'S NOT THE DESTINATION WHAT COUNTS - BUT THE TRAVEL ITSELF


- the first post about this travel is at the 'bottom' of the blog -

*** the list of the posts is at the bottom of the page ***

Tuesday, May 19, 2026

DAY 06 (11 total) OF THE JOURNEY NORTH-SOUTH (Southern Leg)

DAY 06 (11 total)   May 19, 2026

Yesterday's visit to the Museum of Aviation was a very strong point of this Journey.
The next, even stronger point will be CAPE CANVERAL - KENNEDY SPACE CENTER.

But, it's too long for a one day 'jump', so I divide it in 2 not that long stretches.
Today I will ride from Dublin, GA to Kingsland, GA.  It's only around 160 miles away.  But on slow roads.  I didn't want to go through Savannah again...
Kingsland, GA is almost on the state line, but still in Georgia.


...what makes the whole trip so far:


It was a pleasant day.  I didn't take the Interstate Highways, just local, a bit slower, but much more interesting paths.
And at the end of the day (actually in the middle of the day) I pulled into the parking of the Fairfield by Marriot in Kingsland, GA,  Just a few miles from the Florida state line.

Finally in Georgia I can have enough of the views of my favorite trees: PALM TREES.  I always feel nostalgic for my Egyptian adventures when I see them...



No comments:

Post a Comment